Today's about as much of a snow day as one can expect smack dab in the middle of Texas. Hey it's below freezing with light snow. That means we shut down and shut in. I'm ready for spring.
Anyways, I was sitting here watching snowflakes flying around like little bugs all floating off in different directions, and thinking. Thinking about Valentine's Day. Yeah I know Hallmark holiday, blah blah. I don't care I like it. I like the idea of pink and red and chocolate and telling the people you love that you...well...love them! Love may begin naturally, but the truth that I've never been told is that love is a project. It takes consideration and effort to maintain.
It's not always easy to understand or connect with the ones you love. Terry and I can go months at a time in an easy-flow. We're on the same level, and life just flows so smoothly. Then out of nowhere I look over and we've started walking in different directions. This doesn't mean that we're going separate ways. Just that we're our own people for a little while. We get distracted. We walk alone.
And although some might think this is a bad thing (I did at one point), I've realized that we need to walk at our own pace occasionally. It gives us time to individually grow, and come back to one another emotionally and mentally re energized.
There's a beauty to that kind of love, that kind of system. It takes trust and patience. And although I'm not perfect at it, I'm learning. And I'm happy to still be learning. I'm happy that the man I'm in love with continues to make me laugh, make me think, continues to grow, and is trusting enough to give me my own room to grow.



No comments:
Post a Comment