Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Singing in the Rain (the Blues that is...)


Ok here's the deal: I'm jobless. I'm hurt about it like I've been dumped. It's simply rejection...kinda. I was told the hospital would love to hire me, but unfortunately there aren't enough job openings available, yada, yada, yada. After two years of being on a constant job interview I'm left feeling like I've been replaced with a blonde bimbo with silicone you-know-whats! Eh. What are you going to do? Neil Young: "...I've been first and last..." Everyone has to have their last place moment I guess. Unfortunately not getting a much needed job is not good timing for that.

I'm going to try to hold out a little because it's a great hospital to be at. Maybe I'm supposed to find something closer to Terry, though. It can't hurt to apply like crazy, right?

But anywho this is my last week of clinicals (thank GOD) so I just need to get through it. I'm ready to spend some time on creative projects during my job searching/summer break. I have quite a few ideas blooming, and maybe it's meant to be a creative period for me.

On another note being at my dad's has been pretty dull lately. It has nothing to do with him. It's just been quiet with my mom and grandmother gone. I was considering what it was like a year ago: dinners every Sunday evening around 6:30 for years. I miss that. Now it's just dusty and solemn. How quickly everything can change. My heart hurts for the family that I used to have.

And Father's Day is coming up, I'm broke, haven't given the news to my dad about not getting a job yet, and I feel awful. I had hoped I could take him to a Ranger's game. He deserves fun after this year, and I just wish I could do something about it.

Trying, oh how I'm trying to remain positive through all of this.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome babe!! Insightful and interesting and just plain beautiful, just like you. And for those of you who don't know (b/c she's too humble to come out and say it), that ultra-weird awesome picture at the beginning of this blog entry is a giant painting she did on my wall (still testing out paint samples in the house). Took her like 30 minutes. My girlfriend rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: And don't fret about the job thing. Its just a minor bump in the road! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through strenght of character we will succede. As the phoenix falls in flams it arises from the ashes stronger. No matter how far we fall megan through our perserverance i know we can climb up out of the abiss to arise to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the redbull guido! It gives us WINGS!!! :) Thanks guys. Yeah everything's gonna be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete