The last few months have been such a whirlwind I haven't had time to let the insecurities of change sink in. I suppose the longer you go along the easier it gets, or maybe I'm just super excited about the changes taking place! Getting a real life grown-up job is probably the most exciting of all of it. I'm ready. I never want to have to ask another person I don't know if I can refill their tea, or if they've saved some room for dessert...I'll be right back with your change!
My sister having a baby is just another happy thing. I am so happy for her. Knowing that our lives are blooming and growing into what we have dreamed of and have been working towards is a blissful feeling. I feel blessed.
My future with Terry is just another reason for it. Things just feel right. 'Nuff said.
The downside to all of this is of course letting go of what held you together these last couple of years: my class. Incredibly close, we are splitting up to graduate and get real jobs. Most of us will hopefully be working together (still no news on who's getting jobs), but the dynamic will change. Paula is moving to Indiana, and Brandon has a job out of town. The rest will probably remain in the Abilene area. These people have meant so much to me: Nina bringing food on class days, lunch at the round table in the cafeteria, texting to get through boring rotations, walks to the parking lot at the end of the day, half the class trying to do an x-ray together (how many students does it take to take an x-ray?), labs, crazy patient stories, late hours...I could go on and on. They were my family for the short but long two years. At least we made the best of it!



No comments:
Post a Comment